A Breakfast at Tiffanys Bridal Shower

I know it's been way too long since my last post, but I'm back and I'm so excited about my come back post.  My little sister is getting married this fall and this weekend was her bridal shower.   Ever since she got engaged I knew I wanted to do a Breakfast at Tiffany's Shower since Audrey Hepburn is her favorite actress.  I have been saving Tiffany boxes and bags for over a year!
The shower was held at a local inn and I really made an effort to incorporate the Breakfast at Tiffany's theme into everything.  We started the shower in the morning so that we would be able to serve our guest breakfast.  The menu included waffles and the bride's favorite eggs benedict.
For the tables we alternated the centerpieces between large champagne glasses (filled with ginger ale)  and Tiffanys bags.   Both were decorated with pearls.   We were also lucky that the inn offered a Tiffany blue color as a napkin option!
Rather than a cake we did mini cupcakes in chocolate and vanilla.  These were done by 5 Bites Bakery in Wellesley, MA.  I love how the bakery  matched the Tiffany blue and had the fondant bows!

Since the cupcakes were mini we did two for each person.


And of course for the favors I made cookies.  I went with the a Tiffany's Box design and kept it simple.  I used the #104 tip to create the ribbon affect with the icing. 

The favors were bagged and displayed on the same table as the cupcakes.
Throughout the dinning room we had Tiffany boxes and posters from the movie.  We did a Bridal Bingo game during gifts and gave out Breakfast at Tiffanys mugs, reusable bags, and a Audrey Hepburn bobble-head! 
It was a great shower and my sister was very happy which is what mattered!   I hope you enjoyed reading about it as much I enjoyed planning it! 




7 comments:

Torviewtoronto said...

beautiful colour everything looks fancy I like it

CJ - Food Stories said...

Thx for connecting with me on foodbuzz. I just subscribed to your blog feed and can't wait to see what your next post will be!

Kelly said...

What an elegant bridal shower! I love when there is a fun and clever theme incorporated with any event like this. I really like the wine glass center pieces and the unique wedding favors that you handed out. About how long and how much did it cost to make all of your wedding favors?

SlipperCityCakes said...

Omg so cute! Such a wonderful idea!!

Pink Apron Baker said...

Hi Kelly, The cookie favors do not cost much to make. Depending on how much you need it's a basic cookie dough receipe, and then for the royal icing you will need meringue powder, which can be bought at most cooking stores or Michaels. And I got the favor bags also at Michaels, and those are not very expensive either.

They do however take some time. I usually give myself at least three days. One day for baking, and two days for decorating. They need to dry completely before being bagged.

My receipe is available here: http://pinkapronbaker.blogspot.com/2012/02/luau-cookies.html

Anita Rana said...

My best friend just completed her bridal shower and we had an amazing time! We located a list of 99 scavenger hunt topics and posted them on the back of shirts, it was a great approach to get absolutely everyone involved! We identified some amazing ideas over at this website… Highly recommended!
www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com

Informal Sports said...

I'm impressed, I have to say. Really hardly ever do I encounter a blog that's both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you might have hit the nail on the head. Your thought is excellent; the difficulty is something that not sufficient individuals are speaking intelligently about. I am very comfortable that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this.

Cardsharing Server

Post a Comment