Holiday Cake Batter Cookie Dough Truffles



I hope that everyone is having wonderful holiday season.  I don't know about you, but I am still full from all the holiday parties, Christmas cookies, and Christmas dinner.  My kitchen is only starting to looking normal, after all the cookies have been given away and cakes have been eaten.  I think later today it will get a heavy duty scrubbing.

Every year I make cookie boxes to give out to friends and family for Christmas.  I always include decorated sugar cookies in my boxes and I vary the other cookies from year to year.  Every year my cookie list seems to get longer and rather than making more types of cookies this year I ended up making less cookie varieties and more of each cookie type. This year I made eggnog cookies, oreo truffles, holiday biscotti and holiday cake batter cookie dough truffles.

For those of you that love cookie dough but worry about raw eggs, the cake batter cookie dough truffles are for you.  They have the texture of cookie dough, but taste like yellow cake batter, and because there are no eggs, you do not have to worry about getting sick.  These truffles are also so quick and easy, you can make them with very little hands on time.  I like to make the dough one night, and dip the truffles the next night- an easy week night project. And who doesn't like making something delicious and easy during the holidays.

Cake Batter Cookie Dough Truffles
1 ½  cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup yellow cake mix
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
8 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons red and green sprinkles 
16 ounces white chocolate chips
red and green sprinkles for garnish

In a medium bowl, cream together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes until light, fluffy, and pale yellow. Mix in salt, flour, cake mix, sprinkles, and vanilla. Add water one tablespoon at a time, mixing after each, until you reach cookie dough consistency. Place a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet.  Roll prepared dough into one-inch balls. Place each ball on prepared baking sheet and refrigerate for at least one hour, but preferably overnight. Melt chocolate using a double boiler. Remove dough balls from the refrigerator. Dip dough balls into the chocolate, coating the entire ball. Place truffle on cookie sheet. Garnish with red and green sprinkles. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm, about one hour. Store in refrigerator.

Adapted from Willow Bird Baking

And for those of you that don't follow me on twitter or Facebook, I had a feature on the Food Network UK Blog on Christmas Eve featuring my decorated sugar cookies!  No I wasn't on TV, just the blog. Nevertheless, you can check it out here

1 comments:

healthyfoodietravels said...

Lord, these sound to die for. Great, great recipe! :) Mmm, now I crave truffles

Post a Comment