O' Christmas Tree Cookies


Christmas cookies are baked, decorated, and packaged!   Here is the first several cookies that I made this holiday season.  And I know that people like to save the best for last, but these are definitely my favorite this year, and one of the best I have ever made.   I love the vibrant colors and how festive they look.  When first made them I couldn't stop looking at them or taking photos.  Mr. Apron kindly reminded me that they will be eaten and not to get too attached. 

I think what why I love these cookie so much is because I really can see such an improvement on my decorating skills since last christmas.  I find looking at a beautiful batch of cookies that I decorated incredibly rewarding.  



I made the ornanments using wet on wet icing.  I have tried this technique before, but I hadn't quite prefected it.  But this time, I know I got it right!  

Once the icing was dry I made the garland and the star using a # 2 tip. I was originally going to make the garland and star sparkle with sanding sugar, but it did not come out well on the practice tree . It took away from the ornanments, so I decided to stick with just the icing. 
The sugar cookie and royal icing recipe is the same one that I normally use.  You can get it here.
Okay, one last photo!  Lots more cookies and other holiday deserts to come!


7 comments:

Debbie said...

WOW! These cookies look pro, I don't know what last year looked like, but these are so adorable I don't think I could eat them!

Roxan said...

You did an amazing job with these cookies! I can totally see the improvement from the snowflake cookies from last year. It actually gives me a lot of hope because I am not good at decorating at all. I have really unsteady hands so all my cookie decorating looks like a 5 year old did it. ... But, I think with practice I can get as good as you! I love how you used the wet on wet technicue to get the ornaments in there. it's beautiful!

Felice said...

Your decorating skills are amazing. These trees are some of the prettiest cookies I have seen this holiday season. I totally get what you mean about not being able to stop looking at them. I would be tempted to keep one in my freezer so memories sake.

Amy said...

So gorgeous! I love that they look completely effortless! Well done, Happy Holidays!

Ms. WhitePlates said...

These are gorgeous! I played with my cookies this year but I have yet to broach royal icing.

Jesica @ Pencil Kitchen said...

They look perfectly iced! wonder the number of kids that would grope these in a matter of seconds...

Jill Foley said...

How can I find the recipe for these?

Post a Comment