Cookies and Cream Cupcakes





Two of favorite things are cupcakes and oreos!  I have made these a  cupcakes a couple of times since I first saw these on Annie's Eats and I have gotten nothing but great reviews each time.   Since the first time I made these I have added more frosting.   The frosting is so great that I feel like each cupcake needs a good amount on top!

I also have made the chucks of oreo in the frosting a little bigger.  I like having something to bite into. I think it really make the cookie in the "cookies and cream."  The one problem I have found with the bigger oreo chucks is that I can't pipe the frosting because the chucks get caught in the tip. So rather than pipe the frosting I had to use a scoop instead.   But I think I'm starting to like the scoop for these cupcakes better than the tip - it looks almost like a scoop of ice cream!

Chocolate Cupcakes 

I used the Hershey's Chocolate Cake recipe for the cupakes.  

Ingredients
2 cups sugar
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water

Directions 
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups (2-1/2 inches in diameter) with paper bake cups. 

2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).  Fill cups 2/3 full with batter. Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Cool completely.


Cookies and Cream Frosting

Ingredients  
2 Cups Whipping Cream
4 tbsp powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
One Dozen Oreos Crushed
12 Oreos Halved for Garnish

Directions 
Combine cream, sugar and vanilla in a bowl.   Beat with a whisk attachment for 5 minutes until stiff peaks form.   Fold in crushed oreos.     Frost cooled cupcakes.   Garnish with oreo halves. 

Adapted from Annie's Eats


7 comments:

Katherine said...

Um... HELLO! These look fantastic! Definitely going to save them for a later date :)

Sweetums said...

Yummers! The more of that delicious looking icing the better. They really do look awesome :)

Rick said...

I'm going to have to run a little longer to enjoy those.

By the way, I love the dale hat.

Eliotseats said...

I'm diggin' these cupcakes. I have been on a cupcake craze lately. Will have to try these next! Love the look of that frosting!

Kristen - Dine & Dish said...

I love cookies and cream and these cupcakes, with all that frosting, look so good!

Michelle said...

For the frosting, do we have to include the cream? And if so, is two Oreo cookies and a piece of cream counted as one Oreo cookie, or literally one Oreo cookie means one Oreo cookie? Sorry if I sound confusing! Thank you very much! I'll greatly appreciate your answer! ;D

She said...

Thank you so much for sharing this! I might make it for Noche Buena :)

Post a Comment